Monday, December 13, 2010

Honored

I'm honored to be considered a friend by YL kids.  I'm honored to be an influence in their lives.  I'm honored to hear the details of their day-  their highs and lows.  I'm honored to know them.  I'm honored to be in their story, to be accepted by them, and to love them as they are.  I'm honored to sit beside them at basketball games and see them every day at school.  I'm honored to give rides and have long driveway conversations at the end of the night.  I'm honored to love Jesus along side of them.  I'm honored to be called and texted.  I'm honored to write recommendation letters.  I'm honored to be one that listens.  I'm honored to be known as one they can go to for anything.  I'm honored to hear about their boyfriends.  I'm honored to know their families.  I'm honored to have earned the right to be heard.  I'm honored to read the Bible with them, to pray over them, to cry with them.  I'm honored to be a YL area director. 

No comments:

Post a Comment