Monday, December 27, 2010

5

I read a statistic that stated adolescents need 5 adults in their life to help shape their character and make it through those tough years.  YL leaders want to be one of those 5!  I got a text from a YL kid who has heard me quote that statistic...

"Merry Christmas Tracee!  You have been such an impact on my life and I wouldn't know how close I would be with Jesus without you.  I love you and am so thankful for you.  You have no idea.  I need you to be 1 of my 5.  Always if you would...  I hope the Lord answers all your prayers this year, I love you!"

Young Life is up and running strong at Lee's Summit North High School and Lee's Summit West High School.  YL Club is once a week and a chance for kids to be kids and play games, dance, sing, and hear the gospel in a relatable way.  LSN has grown by 60%, LSN is reaching over 75 kids through club and campaigners, our last club of the semester we maxed out at 90 kids!  LSW is reaching roughly 100 kids through club and campaigners.  God is touching kid's lives and they are coming to club to have fun and LISTEN to the truth of Christ.  Kids are coming to campaigners to go deeper in their relationship with Jesus and share their highs and lows of life.  God is moving in LS! 

We just had our 3rd Wyldlife Club.  WL is our middle school ministry and is off to a great start.  We are currently having club for WL once a month and about 12 high school YL kids lead and run that club.  It's a beautiful sight to see high school students give up their Saturday night to hang out and share Jesus with middle school kids. 

Right now we are running into constraints.  We want to continue to grow and get in every middle school and high school in LS.  YL and WL are both non-profit ministries and operate solely on financial support.  Sadly, we are facing deficit at this time.  If you are able to partner with us financially we would be extremely grateful.
If you are already donating- THANK YOU!  If you would like to meet with me to discuss YL or WL, please contact me at traceecobb@gmail.com.

May Christ bless you and love you beyond what you could imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment