Sunday, March 20, 2011

Full Circle

Ahhhhhhh Spring Break.  I just got back from taking 6 YL girls to Winter Park for a ski trip.
What I am learning is the more we take kids (they hate when I call them that so...) YL friends out of
their element, remove them from distraction, and create a space for adventure and great conversation God works.  I'm not waiting for YL camp for God to move.  I want Him to move now and that He is.
At camp we have a set day where we have one-on-one times with YL friends that are in our cabin.  YL leaders meet with them, ask them how they are doing, listen, listen, and listen... and see what they need and where they are at with their desire to follow Christ and what concerns/questions they have about life.  They open up their hearts and share and those moments we stand on Holy Ground.
Well, I'm not waiting for camp for those moments.  So I wanted that for the ski trip.  I wanted to pull them out of their life, their worries, sports, and struggles and have an adventure and great conversation.  I wanted to find out what they fear, where they stand with Christ, their concerns/questions, how I can be there, how I can pray over them... how we can trust Christ together.  So amongst dance car parties, crazy skiing days, 14 hr drives, laughter, the beautiful mountains... that happened.  God showed up.  He showed me each girls' beautiful heart.  They opened their hearts to one another and to me one on one.  I was on Holy Ground.  I am so thankful for each of them and desire to create more opportunities to have YL leaders and myself meet kids on that level. 

Secondly... back when was a volunteer leader about 7 years ago Sarah was one of my YL girls.
She was the kid at camp that questioned everything, on our one-on-one meeting she said, "If this was a Buddhist camp, you'd want me to be Buddhist.  I'm just not sure about all of this."  I was actually really surprised because I was sure she was ready to make the decision to follow Christ.  I respected where she was at and left it at that.  Well later that year she did decide to follow Christ.  She rocked it and became a leader of her school, attended all YL clubs and campaigners and pressed into Christ.  We became really close and when she graduated she went to Drury and ended up being a volunteer YL leader in Springfield, MO.  She is now married to an amazing man- Chris and they live in Denver.  She found out via Facebook I was in town with YL girls.  She had wanted to make the drive to Winter Park to have dinner with us and be with the girls and I, but a snow storm stopped her.  So she met us for brunch and loved on us and me.

See our text exchange after seeing each other again.

Me:  So good to see you.  It amazes me how God works and how I never dreamed I'd be talking to you about marriage and be at a table as Area Director of YL with my new YL girls.  A full circle.  Makes me smile and thank God for you.  You remind me of why I do this.  :)  Love.

Sarah:  Love you too.  You mean so much to me.  I really mean that.  God brought you into my life at the right time, with the right purpose.  God used you to influence my faith in big ways, and I can hear angels rejoicing that you are back in YL.  So He can use you again and again.  So cool I got to meet your girls.  I'd love to be praying for them, and specifically praying for you.


(Sarah and I at brunch)
God is generous and gracious.  He provides life and opportunity and Holy Ground.  I'm thankful for all these precious moments He provides.  All to Him.  I'm thankful for how YL comes full circle and how YL kids come full circle and leave a legacy.

Love you ski trip girls and Sarah!!!

4 comments:

  1. The ski trip girls love you and their parents do too. Praising our awesome God for providing this time for our young ladies and thanking Him for your servant heart Tracee. Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. made me cry tracee. I am moved by how much you love these girls and give your life for the good of theirs.

    becca

    ReplyDelete