Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Growth

Just one year...
The top half of the picture above is our YL 10th/11th grade girls from LSN small group one year ago and the second half is that group now.  Growth.  I would say that group of girls who attend YL Club and their small group Campaigners has more than doubled.

We announced where we are headed to camp this summer last week at Late Night.  We are headed to Lost Canyon- July 26-Aug 3rd.  I have 80 spots.  I am not taking sign ups yet... however 35 of the girls from above have already texted their YL leader saying they want on that bus!

How are we growing?  How is that group so huge and so receptive to what YL offers?  I believe all students want truth.  Truth from the adults around them, truth from peers, and about purpose.  This group of girls share that truth and continue to invite their friends to experience that in YL.  One of the reasons why it continues to grow is because their volunteer leader continues to share life with them.  I asked their volunteer leader, Audrey Lanier, a few questions.

Audrey in the middle with two of her YL girls. 

Audrey went to LSN and was one of my YL kids when she was in high school.  She attends UCM now as a junior and this is her 3rd year of leading.  She has been with this group of girls since they were freshman.

How have you seen favor of God in YL?
In a million different ways.  I love seeing girls interact and love on one another.  I know God gives me the energy to give to the girls too.  I'm super busy with work, rugby, 18 hrs at UCM and He continues to fill me.  He gives me love and truth to give them.  And just recently He answered my prayers about needing help to lead this growing group by calling my best friend Kelsi to be a YL leader as well. 

Why are you serving with YL?
I'm not going to lie it's hard.  There have been times when it gets hard like I don't have gas money, and times when i feel empty, but I feel the Lord calling on my heart to keep going to keep serving  I know these girls need loved on and Jesus wants me to lead and give up my time.  He continues to bless me with friends and favor.  I feel inspired often by the girls I lead. 

What do you hope for the girls you lead?  
My hope for my girls is for them to own their faith.  To continue to go deep in a personal relationship with Jesus.  I want them to have identity not in YL or a church alone, but in Jesus.  I know they will go off to college and go on their way and I want them to have identity in Jesus, so no matter where they go they have that as their source.  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YL is growing.  It is exciting.  I am so thankful for leaders like Audrey and the rest of our team who give up their free time to do life with kids and share truth.

Thank you:  Paul Moore, Brian Keller, Connor Hartnett, Josh Fuller, Allison Hunt, Jessica Burton, Audrey Lanier, Kelsi Worihaye, and our junior leaders:  Clair Mulvihill, Megan Garica, Katie Davila, Savanah Thorne, Taylor Downey. 

YL Events Calendar

Give to LS YL




No comments:

Post a Comment