Tuesday, August 6, 2013

YL Camp Diaries: Day 3

Some of our girls after completing the ropes course.


Today I turned 36. I'm here at Crooked Creek Ranch with 575 high school students I celebrated another year of life.  Today was a gift.  From the biscuits and gravy at breakfast to the cabin time full or real heart to heart stories.  I am blessed.  I will admit my job is weird and crazy, but it is an honor.  My volunteer leaders and I are so blessed to be given the privilege to journey with kids and be let in their life.  Today was full of beautiful mountain views, zip lining (no I didn't do it), water gun fights, octaball, an outdoor bbq dinner, watching my cabin of girls conquer their fears of heights in the ropes course, an amazing club where hearts were opened to our need for Jesus, and being beside kids conquer their fears of letting down their walls and really share their story.  Things are happening and it is beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment