Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What is going on? God is moving...

Listen to a letter from a YL student about what God has been doing in her life.

Before I knew Christ, fear ruled my life. Every day I let it control who I was. I was afraid for my family. That divorce, unfaithfulness, alcohol and gambling would show itself to me again. I was afraid for my friends. That out group was falling apart and we wouldn't have each other to lean on anymore. I was most of all scared for myself. I think a lot of us find it easier to look for all the negatives in life. To just call it quits and throw yourself a pitty party. I almost gave up on dance which was my true passion and outlet. But then god showed himself to me when I was at my lowest point. Life had tried to rip me down and it succeeded. But I realized reaching you bottom is when you desire Jesus the most. I was screaming for God. I needed someone to tell me it was gonna be okay. I needed someone to be there for me cause I felt like everyone and everything had left me feeling empty. Though s actions God started showing himself to me though. He was showing me a lot of love and patience. After I went to YL camp for the 2nd time. I learned a very different message then the 1st year I want to camp. My faith in God became so much stronger. I have found myself in him. I pray every day that I can become more like him. I know he has a plan for me even in my days of doubt he is there and will never give up. He's put people in my life who I can walk on my journey with. I'm so blessed and proud to have friends who want to pursue God as badly as I do. He has given me people like Tracee Cobb who give me so much encouragement and who I honestly don't know what I would do without because she has gotten me through so much. I am so in love with god. I am ready to start fresh and live my life fully dedicated to him. Even if I hit a couple speed bumps along the way he's the only one who can completely get me past those and satisfy me. Through my struggles it has made me run to God. I choose to completely surrender myself to the Lord. To know him and be known. I am no longer alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment