Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hit by a log...

Was in Wichita...and this will probably my most random post but here goes: An old man blocked off half of the road to cut up some tree to make firewood.  He just stuck out two saw-horses and I guess thought that would close the main road in front of his house down so he could work.
Well I was following my friend Nicole, and she just went around the baracade slowly so I proceed to do the same.  Well Mr. Grumpy Pants gets in front of my car and starts screaming at me.. "What are you doing (add curse words) can't you see I am blocking the road, you are going to hurt your car driving over these branches."  I only had seen some twigs, all the main logs and tree branches were by the blocked off part.  So I realize Mr. Grumpy needs me to move.  So after he yells at me for me possibly hurting my car, he get this... throws a LOG at my car!!!  Seriously.  Fight or flight.  Well I was so calm and went out and hugged him and told him about Jesus and he had me in for coffee.  Just kidding.

Uhm in my defense here is what has happened... He:  1. tells me I'm gonna hurt my car.  2.  curses at me  3.  then actually throws a log at my car.  So I jumped out of the car and screamed something like, "What are you doing?  You just through a log at my car!!!  You are crazy!"  He tells me to prove the damage and cusses me until I back up down the street to find a new route.  What would you do if that happened?  I couldn't believe I jumped out and yelled at him, but it happened.  Not my proudest moment... but was hit by a log.

Meanwhile, Nicole called the police and they came and he yelled at them and the police asked what I wanted and being a previous 3rd grade teacher for 10 years I said, "I would like him to say sorry b/c he hurt me feelings."  I was partially kidding but honestly wanting that.  Bizarre world... a problem happens in a 3rd grade classroom and we figure out what happened make them own up to their mistakes and say sorry.  Real life, real world... people throw logs and then call the cops and then yell at the cops and I just think wow, life was easier in 3rd grade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment