Wednesday, September 21, 2016

I Should of Stayed Home

Jess sharing truth to over 90 of our hs friends.

Club #2 happened last night.  I should of stayed home.  I wasn't feeling well.  I have bronchitis and ain't nobody have time for that.  I'm on meds and I'm not contagious, but I could not miss club.  My husband said, "Just stay home."  "Your team of leaders can run club."  But I couldn't.  I WANTED to be there.  I wanted to have our leader family dinner before club and laugh and get teary eyed.  I wanted to be there and pray over club with 20 high school seniors and our team.  I wanted to give those seniors a pep talk in our huddle and tell them to leave a legacy and that they matter.  I wanted to watch over 90 kids run thru the door screaming and dressed up in costumes of Disney characters or superheros.  I wanted to dance and sing with them and laugh at our crazy leaders during the game and rap battle.  I wanted to sit on the edge of my seat and hear Jess share truth about her life and who God is.  I told my team, "I'm gonna leave early right after the talk."  As soon as club was over I tried to make a bolt for the door and was stopped by a student she wanted to hand me something she had borrowed.  As soon as I said thanks, she burst into tears from a long hard day of trying to keep it all together.  I got to hug her and find a couple of chairs to sit and hear her.  To listen.  To love and encourage her and to pray for her.  I should of stayed home but I am so glad I didn't.  What a gift to be a YL leader to be able to show up.


Check out a short video on what our YL leaders do.




No comments:

Post a Comment