Tuesday, December 16, 2014

I Never....

I never thought I'd be writing you from my bed on bed rest from a bad back injury. I've been on my back and in excruciating pain for 9 days now.   I've not held my son since Dec 4th his first birthday.  I never thought my faith would be tested and my hope depleted as I try and find Him within me.  Now, reflecting back on this year with Young Life I never thought I'd see…

-  Adults join us for our leader dinner before club and beg to be a part of the YL team.
- 150-250 kids come to hear truth.
- A leader team that I love and that loves one another, and is exceptional.
- 50 of us go to rad dog road trip and love it.
- God using me while serving on jury duty in crazy ways.  (Ask me more)
- God using leaders to literally save the life a kid.

Needless to say, I am here in bed, longing for a full recovery and uncertain of the future, but this I know…

Life just got simple again. The Christmas hustle for gifts and busyness is gone. I just want to be able to walk and pick up my son. I didn't get to decorate the house or make cookies and that's okay.  I want to be with my family and see joy, feel hope, and celebrate the one who came to give it. I know there are times when our faith is tested; I’m in it now.  I know there are times when our hope supply runs low and can only come from the one who came to give us hope and life; I'm there.  I know He knows me and loves me.  I know He is powerful and mighty.  I know He makes things new.  I know He is the same yesterday and today.  He is a God of the ages. He told a man to pick up his mat and walk and he healed him inside and out. I know that He has given me friends and family to help find hope for me. I know that I matter to Him.
As I lay here I've had a lot of time to think. I think of this year. This year I've had a son and I am so thankful I'm struggling instead of him. I think of how much Jesus took our struggle on himself for each of us. I think about how much I love my YL family, from my assistant, Kim to the new freshman girls. I think I've had a great year seeing the goodness of The Lord in the land of the living.

No comments:

Post a Comment