Thursday, October 16, 2014

Press On




This week at YL Club we invited one of our YL leaders Landon Nichols to share his story.  You see we believe in sharing truth... truth about our own life and truth about who Jesus is.  We believe that we all have a story and that Jesus is in that story, from the moment you were conceived to the moment you meet HIm face to face.  Landon shared a snap shot of his journey with us and ended with a spoken word he wrote.  Let me tell you it was a treat.  God uses our yesterdays to make a difference in the lives of others today.  


I press on

through the sharp thorns
past the bulls and their prominent horns
I press on 
to a new shore
to open a new door
where purpose and adventure are in store
I press on 
through the dense trees 
wiping away fallen leaves
being calmed by the present breeze
even though on the horizon awaits stormy seas
I press on 
wading through the frigid wave
the cold is not my master, I not its slave
yet it calls out, and offers me a watery grave
I will not succome, until my all I have gave
so I venture on, continuing the trail I blaze
I press on
with muddy feet
I'm but a vessel facing a giant fleet
yet I lead the charge, there's no retreat
the enemy quakes at the echo of my heartbeat
even if my fate renders defeat
I fear not, for my Father is who I'll meet
I press on
through the fire, through the flame
through the bricks and the wall of shame
through deceit, through the fame
through hypocrites and "friends" who don't know my name
through the depths, through the blame
through expectations and others painted picture frame
through the lies that tries to coincide with suicide
through the punches, though the blows
through the struggle and the hurt no one knows
through the pain, through the fears
through the blood and through the tears
I press on
striving towards the goal
I press on
running after heaven's pull
I press on
though my feet will fall
I press on
chasing after my call
I press on 
to finish the race
I press on
till I meet Him face to face
I press on
I press on

(Landon Nichols)

No comments:

Post a Comment