Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Class of 2014

YL Seniors- Class of 2014

Last night we wrapped up another semester of YL Club.  We honored and celebrated the soon to be graduating seniors.  We handed the reins of club over to them.  The best part was for our talk we had open mic and invited seniors to share what God has been doing in their life.  I was overwhelmed.  If I'm honest I've been in "go" mode since having our son.  But, this night got me.  God got me.  It took my breath away.  It brought tears to my eyes, a quiver in my voice, and I celebrated the Lord his goodness and his presence.  Over and over again seniors came to the mic and shared that before YL they knew of God and know they know Him.  So many of our students met Jesus in YL and it has given them life.  John 10:10 life.  They took time to encourage the underclassmen to leave a legacy, to be a part of the YL family, to start or grow that relationship with God.  Some shared of their struggles through high school and how YL was there for them, ultimately pointing them to Jesus.  Others shared of the depth of friendship YL gave them.  I presented the seniors with a link.  Just a metal chain link and challenge them to stay connected to Jesus and that they would always connected and a part of the YL family.  I had the honor of praying slash crying over them as they go out to the big crazy world.  I love this ministry and that God is at work.  I'm so grateful for a semester that God has exceeded our expectations with the number of students (and parents) involved in YL and exceeded our expectations in what He can do in hearts of his children.

Not to us, LORD, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness.  Psalm 115:1

YL doesn't stop this summer.  Leaders will continue to do life with kids and point them to Jesus.   
We will be posting events to the website.  http://lsyl.weebly.com/

FInd out more of how to support LS YL

No comments:

Post a Comment