Friday, August 5, 2011

Mountain Top

We are here Day 6... New life is happening!  We have climbed a literal mountain, biked, blobbed, zip lined, cried, listened, and loved.  I want you to know that LS campers are huddling around each other and becoming family.  They have heard the truth of Christ and seen how it changes lives.
I am assured that every camper has been moved at some point so far in camp by a truth telling message, by a story of how a leader blamed herself for her dad's suicide and Christ lead her to forgiveness of herself and freedom, to amazing music, to adventure and trusting others.  God is working.  Thank you for your prayers.

Today is my favorite day when campers have heard the story of Christ its truth and its impact and are invited to say yes to following Him.   Pray for hearts to be open and know this YL leaders and myself love these students regardless of their decision.  Whether they say yes, maybe, or not yet.... we will continue to be 1 of the 5 life mentors high school students need.  We will continue to love, pursue, and go where they go.  Camp has been incredible.  We are blessed and these students have encouraged, inspired, and blessed us.  

I want to share with you a short kid story:

A camper from LSN came to me on Day 2...and thanked me for helping him get to camp (he received a scholarship).  He had tears in his eyes and said he will never be the same.  He said my favorite thing about this place is not the ropes course, the zip line, or being in this beauty it is club and cabin time.
I've been waiting to open up forever and cabin time is everything I have wanted.  I'm going home different.  Today day 6 he cried while I hugged him and wants Jesus.  He is giving his pain over to Christ and finding the perfect heavenly Father in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment